The following terms have been modified from RDC’s Flexible Learning  page.
- On Site: Instruction occurs in real time on-campus (or at a site off-campus)
- Online: Instruction occurs in an online environment. See each course’s attributes for details on whether you will be expected to learn in real time, any time or in a combined approach.
- Online Real Time: All instruction takes place in real time using a virtual classroom.
- Online Any Time: No scheduled class time. Instructor engagement and content is available online for students to access when it best suits their schedules.
- Online Combined Real/Any Time: A combination of real time and any time learning.
- Blended: Combines on site instruction with online learning.
- HyFlex: Each class session is offered on site, online real time and online any time. Students can choose how they attend each class session.
Online Course Development
Are you looking to develop an online or blended course? View our Framework for Quality Online Courses  process that has been created to assist faculty and their supports with quality online course development, delivery, and renewal at RDC.
Updated April 22, 2020