We offer a variety of learning opportunities throughout the year, including workshops and events. If you are not able to attend a scheduled workshop, but would like to learn more about any of the topics we offer or have other areas of interest, please contact the CTL!
May 1st and 2nd, 2018 | 9:00 am – 4:00 pm | Room 913C (The CTL)
Do you have a course that is need of a major renovation? The Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) is excited to offer a two-day, hands-on workshop designed to support mid-career faculty in a course redesign. Did you miss the opportunity to participate in ITL or have been unable to commit to ETaL? This workshop may be what you are looking for. Bring an existing course and you will leave this workshop with the tools and plans to offer a completely renovated experience for yourself and your students.
The Workshop has the following components:
- Expression of Interest – with your registration, you will be asked to identify some aspects of redesign that you would like to work on. If you are not quite sure what you would like to work on, please register and the CTL can help you build a “renovation plan”.
- Pre-Workshop Preparation – you will need to gather some documents prior to the workshop: course outline, course curriculum elements sheet, program map/ program outcomes, additional materials currently used for course delivery (e.g. lesson plans, assignment instructions, course assessment tools, etc.). Preparation will also include review of resources in a Blackboard course.
- Two-Day Workshop – may include: Interactive activities, mini-lectures and exercises where participants will apply course design principles to a specific course. Participants will be given time, space, and resources to work on lesson planning for their redesigned course. Learning Designers will be on-hand to provide advice and support.
- Submission of Lesson Plans for feedback from Learning Designers.
Register early as this workshop is limited to 12 participants. The workshop will be applicable to all delivery modes – face-to-face, blended, and online.
Types of Redesign may include:
- Aligning course and program outcomes
- Lesson planning
- Selecting and incorporating engaging learning activities
- Embedding technology
- Forms of assessment
- Online delivery
Note: the workshop content will be tailored to the needs of the registered participants.
Register Here: Course Redesign Workshop Registration Form
Join us April 12, 2018 for the first annual CTL Teaching and Learning Symposium which will showcase excellence and innovation in teaching and scholarship at Red Deer College. The 2018 Teaching and Learning Symposium will focus on active learning by exploring Maker Culture in Post-Secondary. Faculty at RDC use innovative teaching strategies related to active learning and this symposium provides a space to share teaching experiences, learning, and the result on student learning through maker activities. Presented in partnership with the Library Information Common, home of RDC’s permanent Makerspace.
Visit the full Teaching and Learning Symposium page to learn more about attending or presenting at the symposium.
Calendar of Events & Workshops
Click on the Event or Workshop for more information! To switch between calendar views (ie. weekly, agenda, etc.), click on the tabs on the top right of the calendar.