The following team members form your online course development team and will support you through the processes of development, delivery, and renewal.
Course Developer and/or Instructor
In the Development Process, the Course Developer develops the course in Blackboard by sourcing and citing the course material and creating course activities and assessments. The Course Developer may also be the Instructor in the Delivery Process, but sometimes these are different people.
In the Delivery Process, the Instructor will be responsible for delivering the course. The Instructor may have received a fully-developed course and are expected to deliver it or they may have developed the course as the Course Developer in the Development Process and are now preparing to deliver it.
Learning Designers support best practices in online course development and pedagogy. This includes:
- Online course development
- Online learning activities and assessments
- Online instruction and delivery
- Guidelines for Quality Online Courses
Contact your Learning Designer when you need support with developing online learning activities.
Educational Multimedia Specialist
Educational Multimedia Specialists support the integration and application of educational technologies and content. This includes:
- Assisting with video or graphics creation
- Formatting online course content
- Web standards and design in Blackboard
- Ensuring consistent organization and navigation of course content
Contact your Educational Multimedia Specialist when you need assistance with formatting, structuring, or organizing your online course content.
Your School Librarian supports:
Best practices in copyright compliance. This includes:
- Proper Use of Copyrighted Works
- Guidance around Citations, References, and Attributions
- Fair Dealing and Permission Requests
The use and integration of Library and open resources. This includes:
- RDC books, articles, and media
- Open Educational Resources and Open Access
Threading and laddering of information and digital literacy concepts. This includes:
- Search strategies
- Evaluating information
Contact your School Librarian when you need support with using a resource in your course but are unsure if it’s copyright compliant, integrating Library resources into your course, open resources that you can use or modify for your course, and integrating information and/or digital literacy concepts into your assignments.
Flexible Learning Support Specialist
Your Flexible Learning Support Specialist provides support for online learners and online instructors. This includes:
- Blackboard Collaborate Ultra
- Set up for online learning – especially around the use of technology
- Facilitating off-campus testing
Contact your Flexible Learning Support Specialist when you need technology support before and during your first class to help you and your students with Blackboard Collaborate Ultra.