Excellence in Online Teaching and Learning 2018
The Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) is excited to announce a redeveloped Excellence in Online Teaching and Learning (EOTL) Program for 2018.
This program will be particularly useful for faculty who know they will be teaching and developing for online within the next 12-18 months. It can also be useful to support best practices in teaching and learning for all program delivery models, including blended and face-to-face. EOTL 2018 is open to all Red Deer College faculty.
EOTL 2018 will contain the following courses:
- Design in a LMS (Learning Management System) (2 – 5 hours)
- Formative and Summative Assessments (2 – 5 hours)
- Teaching with a Synchronous Tool (2 – 5 hours)
- Creating Media (2 – 5 hours)
- Universal Design for Learning (UDL) in Online Education (10 hours)
- Badges in Blackboard (2 – 5 hours)
- Instructor Presence and Classroom Climate (2 – 5 hours)
- Fully asynchronous online.
- Registration is open NOW: Register Here
- Courses open February 12 to May 31.
- Two Tracks: Audit and Certified.
The Audit Track is fully independent / asynchronous engagement with EOTL. Each course will walk you through key resources and will contain some small learning activities (e.g. quizzes, self-reflection, engagement with some technology, etc). The Audit Track is designed to help you build your knowledge around different aspects of teaching online.
The Certified Track is designed to provide you with opportunities to practice EOTL knowledge, with support and feedback from Learning Designers. Certified Projects will involve the creation of different curriculum pieces that can be incorporated into an online teaching environment.
If you started EOTL in a previous year, you can still complete the suite of courses (formally EOTL 1 and EOTL 2). See the More Information link here: More Information
Or contact the CTL if you have any questions – email@example.com or phone: 403-356-4989.