Have you recently transitioned to online teaching? Are you a past participant in the CTL’s online workshops within the Simplified Online Teaching and Learning Series this Spring and Fall?
The following faculty development opportunity might be for you!
The Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) is excited to announce something NEW for the 2020-2021 offering of the Excellence in Online Teaching and Learning (EOTL) Program.
This year, EOTL will recognize and acknowledge the dedication, efforts, and rapid growth in RDC faculty’s online teaching and learning competencies.
Complete the certified project in the courses below and receive a certificate of achievement, with feedback from Learning Designers.
Projects revolve around best practices identified in developing and delivering online courses at Red Deer College. If you transitioned to online course development and delivery following the Simplified Online Teaching Framework outlined through the CTL, your work will align to most certified projects!
Courses in Excellence in Online Teaching and Learning
- Design in an LMS (Learning Management System) (2 – 5 hours)
- Formative and Summative Assessments (2 – 5 hours)
- Teaching with a Synchronous Tool (2 – 5 hours)
- Creating Media (2 – 5 hours)
- Universal Design for Learning (UDL) in Online Education (10 hours)
- Instructor Presence and Classroom Climate (2 – 5 hours)
- Courses open October 28, 2020 – June 4, 2021
- Registration is open until October 27th, 2020
- Fully online/self-paced
If you have any questions, please email the CTL at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you registered for the 2019/2020 offering of EOTL and are interested, please re-register for this offering prior to October 27th, 2020.
This offering of EOTL is the last opportunity to complete the listed courses certified project as EOTL will be all-new next Fall.