The Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) is excited to announce the Excellence in Online Teaching and Learning (EOTL) Program for 2019-2020. EOTL is open to all Red Deer College faculty.
This program will be particularly useful for faculty who know they will be teaching and developing for online within the next 12-18 months. It can also be useful to support best practices in teaching and learning for all program delivery models, including blended and face-to-face.
EOTL will contain the following courses:
- Design in a LMS (Learning Management System) (2 – 5 hours)
- Formative and Summative Assessments (2 – 5 hours)
- Teaching with a Synchronous Tool (2 – 5 hours)
- Creating Media (2 – 5 hours)
- Universal Design for Learning (UDL) in Online Education (10 hours)
- Badges in Blackboard (2 – 5 hours)
- Instructor Presence and Classroom Climate (2 – 5 hours)
- Courses open October 15, 2019 to May 31, 2020
- Registration is open NOW!
- Fully asynchronous online
- Two Tracks: Audit and Certified
The Audit Track is fully independent / asynchronous engagement with EOTL. Each course will walk you through key resources and will contain some small learning activities (e.g. quizzes, self-reflection, engagement with some technology, etc). The Audit Track is designed to help you build your knowledge around different aspects of teaching online.
The Certified Track is designed to provide you with opportunities to practice EOTL knowledge, with support and feedback from Learning Designers. Certified Projects will involve the creation of different curriculum pieces that can be incorporated into an online teaching environment.
Updated September 6, 2019
Print This Page