Are you new to online course delivery at RDC? Are you new to online teaching? This introductory workshop series offered by the Centre for Teaching and Learning (CTL) is for new online instructors who:
- Will be teaching online
- Will be teaching with Blackboard
Through this fully online workshop series, you will be introduced to the pedagogical approaches to online course delivery and provided with the skills and knowledge to engage your learners in synchronous and asynchronous online learning environments.
Topics will include:
- Collaborate Ultra for synchronous teaching
- Engaging students in an online course
- Establishing instructor presence in an online course
- Designing and facilitating effective online activities and assessments
- Effective use of Blackboard for online course delivery
Date: Aug 27-29, 2019
Format: Online – Synchronous and Asynchronous
|Time||August 27, 2019||August 28, 2019||August 29, 2019|
|12:00pm – 1:00pm||Using Collaborate Ultra 1||Introduction to Blackboard 1||Engaging Students 1|
|3:00pm – 4:00pm||Using Collaborate Ultra 2||Introduction to Blackboard 2||Engaging Students 2|
- Collaborate Ultra 1: ‘How-To’ introduction to synchronous course delivery with Collaborate Ultra.
- Collaborate Ultra 2: Lesson plan for your first synchronous class.
- Blackboard 1: Accessing and setting up Blackboard, copying courses within Blackboard, introduction to Blackboard gradebook, introduction to using the Online Course Template.
- Blackboard 2: Using assignment & assessment tools, using Respondus Lock-down Browser & Monitor.
- Engaging Students 1: Creating instructor welcome videos, Blackboard tools for student engagement, communicating with your students.
- Engaging Students 2: Establishing instructor presence, student participation and evaluation, sparking student engagement through collaborative assignments, classroom climate.
Updated June 21, 2019
Print This Page